We love peanuts for so many reasons. Along with them being the most sustainable nut on the Earth, they are also one of the healthiest for our body.
It takes 5 gallons of water to produce 1 once of peanuts, where it takes 80 gallons to make the same amount of almonds. Also, the average adult eats about 3 PB + J sandwiches a month!
This is why making peanut butter was a no brainer for nudemarket!
All peanut butters help keep up the body's energy levels and are packed with an amazing amount of of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, like:
- Magnesium (regulates muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and making protein)
- Phosphorous (helps the body build healthy cells and produces energy)
- Zinc (a necessity for immunity, protein synthesis and DNA formation)
- Niacin (aids digestion, nerve function and energy production)
- Vitamin B-6 (good for heart and immune system health)
That is quite the list! So why will natural peanut butter only change your life if they both have the same nutrients?
Sadly, conventional PBs are loaded with sugars, salts and trans & saturated fats, which are known to increase cholesterol and risk of heart disease. Additives including molasses, corn syrup, vegetable oils and stabilizers add a lot of extra calories to the already calorie-dense spread.
Although you should enjoy everything in moderation, why not enjoy natural peanut butter that has 0 health risks if you have the option?
This is why Margaret focused on making a peanut butter alternative with no added sugar, oils, fillers or preservatives - so you get all the delicious benefits of the natural nut itself.